Monday, August 12, 2013

Swatch Time: China Glaze Flying South (from On the Horizon Collection)

Happy Monday everyone!

After being gone on college visits the past few days, the first thing I wanted to do when I got home earlier today was to paint my nails! So, today I have for you a polish from the China Glaze On The Horizon Collection, Flying South. I have never been to into the texture-like polish, so when I saw it in the store, I wasn't quite sure if it was really up my alley. I decided to try it anyway, and bought Flying South to give this feathery kind of polish a try.

Flying South was definitely one of the hardest polishes to photograph, because it seemed no matter what angle or position I took a picture in, I felt like I couldn't quite capture it quite right. Here are some pictures of 2 coats of Flying South over 2 coats of a maroon colored base from Sephora by OPI (it didn't have a name):




I wasn't sure I would like in the beginning, but I actually really like it! Flying South is a clear polish with orange and white bar glitter, and copper-colored microglitter. It was easy to paint on, and although the formula was a tad on the thick side, it was really nice to work with. When using this polish on top of another color, I would use it on darker colors. I've seen some people use this polish on top of white, and I didn't think it looked as good as it does on darker colors, where the darker base color brings out the orange bar glitter and copper microglitter much better.

 
Flying South and the other On The Horizon polishes from China Glaze are perfect colors for the fall, so if you're looking to try some textured polish or feather-like polish, this China Glaze collection would be a great thing to start with! 

-Colleen

1 comment:

Comments are always welcome! I read each and every comment and try to respond to all of them. However, please don't leave a link to your blog. If you would like me to view your blog, please email me at dreamitupnails@gmail.com

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...