Sunday, January 5, 2014

Gwen Stefani for OPI Collection Swatches: Hey Baby and Love.Angel.Music.Baby.

Hey all!

It's a winter wonderland outside today! The snow just keeps coming down! My Dad's still trying to dig us out.

Anyway, after seeing all of the press releases for the new OPI Gwen Stefani Collection, I stopped over at Ulta yesterday to pick up a couple of polishes from the collection. My two picks of the collection were: Hey Baby and Love.Angel.Music.Baby.



On to the swatches:

Hey Baby is a lovely medium pink with a glossy finish. This was described by OPI as one of the crème glosses of the collection. The formula was nice and I used 3 coats for the pictures below. I probably could have gotten away with 2, but I wanted to add a 3rd coat in order to smooth it out a little.


Although it's not the most original pink in the world, I think it's a great pink to have because you can wear it for many occasions since it's not too bright of a pink. The top picture shows Hey Baby in more of a shaded setting, while the picture below is in direct light.


My second pick of the collection was Love.Angel.Music.Baby. This polish is definitely a beauty! It's a glittery gold polish that dries with a satin finish. I used 2 coats for the pictures below. It's formula is WONDERFUL and has great consistency. It also dried really fast!




 Here's Love.Angel.Music.Baby. with a topcoat. It looks dazzling! :)




Love.Angel.Music.Baby. must be one of the most popular polishes of the collection because when I went to Ulta, out of the big display and the rack display of the collection there were only 2 of these gold polishes left (well, down to one after I walked away with one of them)! There were quite a few of the other ones left, though.

The other polishes in this collection include: Over & Over A-Gwen (a red crème gloss), In True Stefani Fashion (a silver glitter), Push and Shove (a silvery chrome), 4 In The Morning (a black satin), and I Sing In Color (a very dark red crème gloss).

By the way, if you shop at Ulta, don't forget that there is always a coupon you can print out from online. I only found this out after I looked at their website to sign up for their rewards card. So if you need a coupon, feel free to go to their website here or print off the coupon good through 1/5/14-1/25/14 here.

So what do you think of my picks from this collection? Are you liking this new OPI collaboration collection?

Have a great rest of the day! And if you're near anyplace where it's going to be sub-zero temperatures the next few days like it's going to be in Chicago, stay warm and safe!

-Colleen



4 comments:

  1. Ugh I'm so jealous, the collection was sold out everywhere I looked :( I really like Love.Angel.Music.Baby. and I wanted to buy Push and Shove - guess I'll have to look around for another silver chrome now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope they restock so you can pick up a couple! I got to Ulta just in time before they were all gone!

      Delete
  2. I love Love.Angel.Music.Baby (although the name is a pain to type haha), the gold color paired with the satin finish is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it too! And haha the name was kind of a pain...I had to keep looking back at the bottle while writing this post to make sure I was getting it right!

      Delete

Comments are always welcome! I read each and every comment and try to respond to all of them. However, please don't leave a link to your blog. If you would like me to view your blog, please email me at dreamitupnails@gmail.com

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...