Monday, January 27, 2014

Swatch Time: Zoya Erika + floral design

Hey Polishers!

I hope you've all had a great weekend! I finally finished my first semester finals last week and luckily for me, I have another extended weekend due to a "cold day" today. So no school for me! :)

Anyway, this past Saturday I went over to Ulta hoping to buy some polishes from the new Spring Collections since there are so many good collections coming out. Sadly, none of them were out yet. But since I somehow am never able to leave Ulta empty handed, I ended up buying a Zoya polish called Erika, which I will be swatching for you today.


Zoya Erika is a pale pink polish with a gold shimmer from the Summer 2008 Chit Chat Collection. I would describe this polish as being very pearlescent. The formula was a little on the thin side, but thankfully it wasn't streaky. I used 3 coats for the pictures below.




Even though I'm no much of a pale pink person, I think the gold shimmer in it makes this polish beautiful! I also really like the pearlescence feel to it as well.

Here's a floral polka dot design I did using Zoya Erika as the base color.


I did the white polka dots in order to bring out the pink a little more.

Other polishes used: OPI Hey Baby, Sinful Colors Tempest, Nicole by OPI Hit The Lights, and Pure Ice Superstar!

What are your thoughts of this polish? I really like it and I think it will be useful to use for a base color for nail designs. It's actually my first Zoya polish, and I have to say that I'm quite impressed!

I hope you have a great start to your week!

-Colleen

14 comments:

  1. Lovely mani :)
    I would like to invite you for some chellange- more info on my blog. I will be happy if you accept. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
  2. This nail polish is so pretty and the model looks amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww so sweet and girly look xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay, high five for first Zoya polishes! This one is really pretty, it's so pearly and delicate! I love what you did with the polka dots :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely shade and manicure! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh, Zoya Erika is such a dainty colour :) Loving those dots and flower accent made them all look pretty ^^

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Zoya! This is such a pretty shimmery alternative to a plain nude.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As my first Zoya polish, I was pretty impressed! I really liked the shimmer in Erika too! :D

      Delete

Comments are always welcome! I read each and every comment and try to respond to all of them. However, please don't leave a link to your blog. If you would like me to view your blog, please email me at dreamitupnails@gmail.com

Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...